The Nagarahole National Park has an elevation between 700m and 960m with the Masal Betta peak being the highest point and the Kabini River the lowest. The Brahmagiri hill range provides an enchanting backdrop to the park. The park has gentle undulating terrain crisscrossed by many rivers and streams. The Kabini River is the major river draining the park with the Nagarahole River lending the name to the park.
Wildlife at Nagarahole
The Nagarahole ecosystem supports the highest density of herbivores anywhere in south-east Asia. Large herbivores found in the park are Muntjac, Chital, Sambar, Four-horned Antelope, Gaur, Wild Pig, Asian Elephant, Common Langur and the Bonnet Macaque. The density of herbivores in Nagarahole, rivals that of the Masai Mara in Africa when taken on a per sq kilometer basis. Because the availability of prey is not a limiting resource, selective predation has facilitated large carnivore co-existence in the park and the predominant large predators found here are the Tigers, Leopards and Wild Dogs.
Safari in Nagarahole
Safari in Nagarahole National Park is conducted in four- seater Jeeps. Boat Safaris are also available on the Kabini River that is an excellent way to view wildlife.
Best Time to Visit
The Nagarahole National Park is open all year round. The winter months from November to February are exceedingly pleasant, and are the best time to visit, if you don’t like hot weather. The summer months from March to May are a great time to see wildlife, including the tigers.
How to Visit
By Air: Mysore (96 km) and Bangalore (236 km) are the nearest airports to the park.
By Train: Mysore Railway Station (96 kms) is nearest to the park.
By Road: Nagarahole is 96 kms away from Mysore, 93 kms from Madikere and 236 kms from Bangalore
- Gir National Park
- Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary
- Little Rann Of Kutch Or Dhangadhra Sanct.
- Royal Chitwan National Park
- Royal Bardia National Park
- Tadoba National Park
- Tigers & Rhinos Of North East India
- Backwaters, Elephants & Tigers
- Tiger Spotting In Central India & The Taj
- Tigers & The Golden Triangle
- Bandhavgarh, Ranthambore & Golden
- Wild Wonders Of North India & The Taj
- Highlights Of Nepal - Wildlife & Valleys
- Wildlife Adventure Through India & Nepal
- Kipling's Kanha & The Sunderban
- Asiatic Lions And Black Buck Safari
- Ranthambore And The Golden Triangle
- Birds, Tigers And The Taj Mahal
- Corbett And The Himalyan Foothills
- Luxury Wildlife Holiday In Central India
- Keralan Wildlife And Culture Experience
- Tiger Safari
- Trekking in the Eastern Himalayas
- 4 Days Golden Triangle Tour
- 4 days Ranthambore Extension
- Village Walks in the Himalayas
- Resorts in Tadoba
- Resorts in Ranthambore
- Resorts in Kanha
- Resorts in Bandhavgarh
- Resorts in Kaziranga
- Resorts in Bharatpur
- Resorts in Pench
- Resorts in Panna
- Resorts in Corbett
- Resorts In Kabini Cicada
- Resorts In Periyar
- Resorts In Kumarakom
- Resorts In Sunderbans
- Resorts In Gir
- Resorts In Dasada
- Resorts In Chitwan
- Resorts In Bardia